Sunday, June 21, 2009

SL and the Hope Hunt

We tested for every scenario before presenting this script to the Hope Hunt. We however, did not, and cannot predict Second Life emergency maintenance. Please be patient. I know its frustrating to all especially to us. This hunt was designed to spread cancer awareness and to make money for relay for life, that part has been a huge success. Thank you all for that.

The database is keeping track. Stats as of now:

16:32] Arete Diplomat: 7.5 hours into the hunt ........... 260 merchants, 2880 roses .......... 824 hunters with 12,309 finds

Hopefully, SL engineers will work out their issues and we can carry on. Good Luck to all and again thank you for participating in the Hope Hunt + Race

3 comments:

  1. I'm concerned about the accuracy of the counts. I know I've found at least 60, but it's only showing I've got 44. Plus, it's allowed me to tag flowers multiiple times, and others it says I've already tagged when I've never been there before.

    How do you intend to deal with this?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there is a marked lag/loss of rose count going on. i have more gifts delivered than roses counted, and that would seem to defy most types of logic. do some of the roses not count to the greater tally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Debbie - The count you see or are given is based on lag, Arete has told me over and over that database is keeping count.
    To: Okrebecca - All roses are counted. The database is telling Arete that information, until he tells me otherwise.
    Again I can only say I am sorry, we did not anticipate SL Emergency Maintenance or the emergency viewer

    ReplyDelete